Gizmo and Denali

Gizmo and Denali

Monday 1 August 2011

Gizmo Goes Fishing (and gets very wet)

Through Gizmo's Eyes

I've been eyeing off the fish in the fish tank on the counter top for weeks. When the light hits them they flash silver and gold like the medals hanging around the house. They are so shiny, and I just have to have one.
While my people have been sleeping I have been sneakily jumping onto the table and from there to the counter top, then I can jump on top of the fish tank. There are holes on the top of the fish tank just big enough to fit my paw into and if I dangle the tip of it into the water, the fishies come up to visit it...silly fishies. When they swim up to my paw i make a quick swipe and try to catch them, but they are just too fast.

So yesterday I decided I am not going to let the fish get the better of me and any time my people weren't looking, or when they went into another room, I decided to go fishing. I got to the top of the tank and dangled my paw into the water... here fishy fishy fishy... pow, crash, splash eek... I was sliding into the fish tank, the lid on the fish tank flipped into the tank and took me with it... just when I almost had one too. Help I can't swim! I clawed my way out of the tank, luckily finding a rock in the tank to push off. I could hear my people coming to see what the commotion was, I had to get out of the tank, or I knew I would be in big trouble... I'm not allowed to go fishing. Luckily I made it out just in time. I think my people knew what happened anyway. there was water everywhere (and I bet the fishies told them). They were very nice to me though, and dried me in a fluffy towel, and let me sit on a heat pack because I was cold. I don't think I want to go fishing again... it wasn't a very fun experience.

4 comments:

  1. Well, at least you got a shot at the fishies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gizmo, here are a few pointers to help you deal with your people. First- never admit to anything. People are very quick to blame us kitties.
    Second- you are innocent. Let them prove you did anything. Those fishes will lie ;)
    Third- look innocent! Your people will take pity on you and you may end up getting some treats ;) heehee
    Oh, you can always get even with the fish later ;)
    Purrs Tillie and Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gizmo, you sure are a cutie patootie. If you want to learn to get your parents to do whatever you want, come over and take lessons from my little brother Teddy. He is a complete monster and yet my parents have not sent him to the pound. He must be doing something right.

    It's nice to meet you, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gizmo you are SO lucky to have fishies to play with and that's some cool human training - fluffy towels and heat pads! Yay!

    Gerry & Oliver

    ReplyDelete